Monday, February 14, 2011

GWT 2.2 Released

Very fast after the post I made last week, Google released the next version of GWT 2.2. What is interesting into this version is the new Google Plugin for Eclipse. It does have integrated lightweight version of the GWT Designer inside and works very well. I’ve just tested some functionalities, looks really promising and works very fast for me:

image

Since this a lightweight version there are several differences from the full version of GWT Designer. For example the support for 3rd party GWT adds like GWT-Ext, GXT or SmartGWT. Also this version does not include the wizards for example Java Composite or Dialog Box but it is still very useful for guys like me, developing pure GWT applications without using 3rd party frameworks and I very appreciate that the GWT team added the Designer to the GPE.

No comments:

Post a Comment